"Christian service" is the response made by a regenerate soul unto the Lordship of Christ, the voluntary and hearty subjecting
of oneself to His dominion, the carrying out of His revealed will. In other words, it consists of obedience to God.
Romans 12 : 6-8 ESV - Having gifts that differ accordiing to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion
to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal, the one who does acts of mercy. with cheerfulness.
The Apostle Paul gives us an example of seven “service” ministries that we may have a "gift" for:
1. Prophecy. “But one who prophesies speaks to men for edification and exhortation and consolation.” (1 Cor. 14;3)
2. Service. The word literally means “deaconing” (serving) and may refer to that particular office, as well as to many other gifts
from those with a “servants” attitude, such as “greeters” and “ushers”.
3. Teaching. “You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. The things which you have heard from me in
the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.” (2 Tim. 2:1-2)
4. Exhortation. The encouraging of people to serve the Lord and remain faithful to Him.
5. Giving. Which should be done in singleness of heart out of pure motives, and in cheerfulness. (2nd Corinthians 9:7)
6. Leadership. Pertaining to the government of the local church. (1 Tim. 3:4, 12)
7. Showing Mercy. A biblical term describing sharing with those in need.
The Christian who daily lives a crucified and dedicated life to Christ alone reveals God’s will through the gifts given them by their implementation to build up the body and to love others.
Just as salvation comes “by faith through grace” (Eph. 2:8-9), so does the exercising of our spiritual gifts.
Acts 20:35 - "In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, 'It is more blessed to give then to receive.'"
The Entire Church Family Together In Ministry
Please open your heart and offer your talent and gifts to serving Jesus Christ through service in the local church body. Check the service sign-up sheets, on the church bulletin, for ways you might serve. And be receptive for service callings that God may send your way.